Son Balagueret at Son Bunyola
Europe / Spain / Mallorca
Son Balagueret is a traditional and secluded four bedroom Mallorcan villa with plenty of space for guests to relax and take in the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea.
This villa is full of history as the original turret dates back to the 13th century. The small slotted secret windows would have been used for signalling to similar lookout points in the area to warn of possible attacks. The sheltered courtyard central to the house is the perfect place to relax and find a cozy corner to read a book.
The villa can sleep eight adults in four bedrooms. One bedroom is located in the villa’s signature turret, with a curved stairwell leading up to the first floor sitting room and ultimately to the upper level bedroom. Son Balagueret is available on a self-catering basis.
Son Balagueret boasts an interconnected lounge and dining area, a perfect place to eat your breakfast together and start your day. Outside of the villa, two of the most popular shared places for guests to enjoy are the spacious outdoor dining and lounge areas, both with breath-taking views of the coastline. From here, it's only a short walk down to the private heated swimming pool (12 x 5.5 meters).
The Son Bunyola Estate
Welcome to Son Bunyola on the picturesque Spanish island of Mallorca, Sir Richard Branson's favorite Mallorcan Retreat. The estate on Mallorca's northwest coast covers 680 acres of stunning landscape and includes three villas: Sa Punta de S’Aguila, Sa Terra Rotja and Son Balagueret. With five and four bedrooms respectively, these villas are currently available to book for stays of 7 nights.
Central to the estate is a large historic manor house, or ‘finca’, dating from the 1800's. This building is currently unused and forms an incredible centerpiece to the dramatic scenery. Terracing surrounds the manor house with vines, citrus fruit trees, almonds and hundreds of olive trees.
The Son Bunyola estate is part of a World Heritage site and is home to many olive and almond trees as well as grape vines. Due to its position located on a mountain range parallel to the north-west coastline, centuries of agricultural activity have transformed the landscape with terraces and inter-connected water ways. This spectacular setting is definitely one of the most prized aspects of the estate and is something the team are happy to protect and enhance. The north-west coast has local rocky beaches. If you are looking for sandy beaches, head to the south-east side of the Island.
Eating and taking advantage of the fresh produce around the island is definitely one of the most important aspects of staying at Son Bunyola! The local produce such as fish, lamb, meats cheeses, fresh bread and pastries and of course olives have a huge influence on the seasonal menus. In general Mallorcan wine is served, both red and white which is of high quality.
Pop to the local markets to buy the freshest ingredients to enjoy during your stay or arrange to have your fridge filled with all of your favorite food and drinks. In-villa dining with a private chef can also be organized during your stay (additional charges will apply).
Things to Do
- Spa Treatments -Spa treatments are subject to availability and an additional cost will be applied
- Swimming - Take a dip in your private heated pool just steps away from your villa
- Tennis - Play a spot of tennis on the nearby court (rackets and balls provided). The tennis court is shared by all three villas
- Walking - Settled within the beautiful Mallorcan mountainous landscape, the area is perfect for hiking expeditions
- Golf - There are over 20 golf courses on the island, many of which are of a high standard
- Sailing - During a vacation on a beautiful Spanish island, it would be wrong not to experience a sailing trip on the tranquil Mediterranean waters
- Deep Sea Fishing - With the clear Mediterranean waters, the area truly is perfect for sailing and fishing
- Explore Mallorca - By car, it is well worth exploring the surrounding area of Mallorca with its beautiful scenery and many charming villages. You will find art galleries, museums, shops, restaurants and beaches only a short distance away
- Children's Activities - There’s plenty of activities to keep the children occupied during their stay from poolside fun with inflatable animals, to pizza making with the Head Chef
Please be aware additional fees do apply for some activities.
All Inclusive Rates Include:
- All drinks including wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and Spanish sparkling wine
- Daily continental breakfast (our chefs will prepare a selection of cold items so you can help yourself)
- Lunch and dinner for 6 days tailored to your tastes (on one night we’ll assist you with a local restaurant reservation)
- A concierge service for help in arranging activities and restaurant bookings
- Wireless internet
- Daily housekeeping and pool servicing
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms
Sleeps 8 Guests
Bedroom DetailsSpread over three floors, Son Balagueret can sleep up to eight adults in four bedrooms. One bedroom is located in the villa’s signature turret, with a curved stairwell leading from a luxurious bathroom on the lower level. Fantastic views of the dramatic Mallorcan landscape can be seen from every room.
Beach DetailsThe northwest Mallorcan coast is renowned for its pebbly beaches and coves. Son Bunyola has a small pebble beach and is enjoyed by hikers walking the famous coastal track from Banyalbufar to Port des Canonge (the little fishing village just beyond the estate). The walk to the beach will take 40 minutes.
Pool DetailsPrivate swimming pool (12 x 5.5 meters)
The pool is heated (as and when necessary) and has steps into pool. Temperature can reach 29/30 degrees Celsius (84/86 degrees Fahrenheit)
Staff and ServicesWelcome basket
Towels and linen throughout the week
Pool and garden attendant (to set-up furniture and pool for the day)
Concierge assistance to book taxis and make restaurant reservations
All Inclusive Rates include: All drinks including wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and Spanish sparkling wine, daily continental breakfast (chefs will prepare a selection of cold items so you can help yourself), lunch and dinner for 6 days tailored to your tastes
Staff and Services (at additional cost)In villa dining with a private chef (pre-booking required)
Shopping service (24 hours notice required)
Location DetailsVisitors to the island of Mallorca typically arrive via the capital, Palma, whose airport is around a 40 minute drive to the estate
To reach the estate, it is recommended to rent a car which will give you additional flexibility when exploring the area
The traditional Mallorcan villages of Banyalbufar and Esporles are a few kilometers away from Son Bunyola, providing a variety of restaurants, tapas bars and other local amenities
Villa NotesCheck-out: 11 am
|Travel Dates||Bedrooms||Min. Night Stay||Nightly Rates|
|USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Holiday dates may not be listed in rate chart. Rates are subject to change without notice. Please confirm rate, holiday dates, and currency with your vacation specialist at time of booking.|
Tax Service Charge Details *Please note that the Balearic Tourist Tax of €2 per person per night will be due upon check-out
Please add 10% service charge to all rates.
Minimum Stay Details
7 Nights. Shorter stays are available during the low season dates for 3 or 4 nights. Contact a villa specialist for rates.
*Please contact us for availability.
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our vacation specialist.